Monday, March 9, 2009

Random





Those of you who know my love for animals will laugh at this! My house is like the stray dog hang out place! There are about 5 regulars. Three in particular follow me wherever I walk to. Umtana, Omantletle, and Fruede all follow me to the combi stop nearly everyday. This may surprise most of you, but I actually really like it. My body guards: Umtana and Omantletle walking me to the combi stop (Fruede always walks in front of me so I couldn’t get them all in the pic).

Friday, while I was walking home, I heard my Setswana name (Malebogo) being shouted from far away - Tiva and Brandon, two of the kids in my Sunday school class had spotted me. The speed they ran at reminded me of Saiko and gave me nice big hugs! I invited them in for some juice before their long walk home from school. OH Sunday school was SOO good on Sunday!!! I was teaching about creation and how we are all made in the image of God. We had an extremely small group on Sunday...only 11, but I think God knew I needed a break! It made such a difference. The kids listened really well...i was so proud of them! And we had extra time because the adults went longer, so we practiced a skit to show next week to the other kids about the fall. Thank you to those of you who prayed!




Mosquitoes are not the only thing that these nets keep out!!! I was went to climb into bed one night and found this! Don't worry I didn't eat it :) But I did catch myself wondering what this one would taste like fried!

4 comments:

  1. How did you get your Setswana name? Are you going to be teaching Sunday School every Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam! thank you for reading and writing! that means so much! i got my setswana name the first week i was here from a guy named Hulk who named me after he heard what i was here to do. It means "we thank you". And yes i am teaching SS every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU!!! Give out hugs for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think at how big your family is becoming! You will carry all these people with you for the rest of your life. Also the experieces you are having. God makes awesome stories of our lives when we allow.

    ReplyDelete