Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Never doubt in the dark what God told you in the light!

An excerpt from my journal last week:

God,
I don’t know why you do what you do
Why you give what you give
Take what you take
Allow to happen the things that you do.
But I trust you.
Although it hurts when I can’t understand your ways
and I may even ask through my tears “Why?”
There is something deep inside that always knows the truth:
You are good,
You are here even though I can’t feel you,
You love me,
You created me,
And everything you allow me to go through is in my best interest.
You are all powerful,
You know every detail of my life,
You have a plan for my life
and You will save me.

God, help me to never doubt in the dark what you told me in the light. Help me to keep my eyes on you even when they are full of tears.
I’m not doubting I’m choosing to trust you and its not easy! My brain doesn’t stop working so that I can take a blind step of faith – NO! It works, turns analyses, rationalizes and it is often loud – so I have to shout louder “I choose to trust!”


I debated showing you all this but I do want you to know better the place that a few of my experiences has brought me to. I do not think that you have to leave the country or even your house to feel what I have and I have no doubt that everyone of you has felt that way at some point. Please take this as encouragement – God IS good, and there are some situations (because of our human short comings) where it is harder for us to see, but He IS.

1 comment:

  1. Erica,
    You spoke (wrote) that so beautifully. By beatutifully I mean spoken from the heart to the hearts of many. Thank You for that. Love you, Pam.

    ReplyDelete