Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Street boys

The other day my outreach team went prayer walking around a railway station. My fellow ywamer Shanto and I found these two lil raskles wondering around being mischievous and trying to get some money. Shanto bought them some biscuits and water and we sat down with them to make sure they actually ate them and didn't try resell them but also to hear their stories. The boy whose face u can't see, dad died and mom went home to their village and left him at the station. He told us in a tuff voice that he didn't want to go anyway and he would rather stay and make money. His name is Ridoye which means heart. He was only 9 years old but on his arms were marks that I recognize all too well from my friend who was a cutter. The boy looking at you in the picture, dad also died but his mom re-married. After the new marriage his mom did not like him anymore. She would beat him severely until one day she told him to just go away and not come back. The boys beg for food everyday and neither of them have had a bath in over a month. 
My heart grieves for these boys and yet I know there are so many more just like them. Please pray with me as I ask the Lord what He wants me to do to help. My mind is full of ideas of starting a hostel, school, home or orphanage but I only want to do what God wants me to. Please pray!

3 comments:

  1. These problems seem so overwhelming. Honestly, prayer hardly seems big enough to put a dent in them. But I'll keep on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle, I'm so thankful for your passionate and consistent prayer for Bangladesh and although we FEEL like it isn't enough God promises us in his word that the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16 or 17

    ReplyDelete
  3. The life so many are living is heartbreaking. Thank you for sharing a small part of their story with us. I will continue to pray for the people of Bangladesh, and you as you seek God's guidance in what you should do next.

    ReplyDelete